Monday, February 21, 2011

Bookmarks and Cold Weather Preparedness

I've been working on large projects for the most part so I haven't had anything to share since the beginning of the year.  So I took a break from the big project and did a bookmark swap and made a scarf. 
The scarf is for Jerry.  A couple of weeks ago we had pretty cold weather and he had to work outside for most of the day.  Well, that resulted in Mr. I-don't-wear-scarves requesting one.  I've been wanting to make the Antlers scarf from the book Son of a Stitch n Bitch since I got the book, so away I went.  I chose Dove by Taki Yarns, an alpaca yarn blend, because I wanted it to be really warm.  It didn't  cable as well as I wanted, which I expected because the yarn is a loose plied single (I think), but I do like how it turned out.




 I made these four bookmarks for a swap on craftster.  From left to right they are: a knotted purple and green book thong made from embroidry floss, a paper collage inspired by the Outlander series and the main characters time in France, a stamped cake decorator bookmark, and a crocheted fan bookmark made with Heart & Sole sock yarn.  Now I'm hoping to finish some more projects in March!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the scarf turned out ... I just hope it does not bring us any sub-zero weather for Jerry to enjoy it!
    Sometimes we need a few smaller projects to help us navigate through the bigger ones.

    ReplyDelete