Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting again

On the assurances of Krista and Shelia that they would read my blog I have decided to start blogging (again.)
Not much is going on in my life right now besides work and home, but that is enough. At work I'm pretty busy getting stuff ready for our data collection that is coming up for the American Indian Alaska Native Head Start Center. For that project I'm going to go to New Jersey at the end of this month for training in the Toddler version of the CLASS. Another place I've never been so that should be interesting.
At home the Christmas decorations are put away and it looks a lot more open without the tree. Jerry is thinking of rewiring the celing fans this weekend so the lights come on with the flip of a switch instead of having to use the remotes. After we go see Avatar on Saturday. I am planning on cleaning and being crafty.
Which brings me to the crafty stuff - right now I'm working on two projects mainly. I'm knitting a Swallowtail Shawl and trying to finish a quilt.
The shawl is for my mom and my first laceweight project. I have learned to closely read direction (a lesson I keep needing to re-learn.) When the directions say to nupp (k1, yo, k1, yo, k1) in ONE stitch that is really what you're supposed to do. I read the directions and missed the part where the nupp was all in one stitch. Which meant that I kept decreasing every other row instead of increasing. My extensive vocabulary of inappropriate language helped a lot in this situation.
The quilt is coming along slowly. Every time I use my sewing machine I have to fix the tension, so I get frustrated and quit. It will be nice when it's done though. I don't remember the pattern name or I'd share.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your Swallowtail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for blogging! I need to post more often. I would love to join you for a crafty day sometime.

    ReplyDelete