Friday, January 15, 2010

Muddy Wednesday

This last week has been a busy one.  I finished my mom's shawl and Jerry got a light installed over the sink in the kitchen. We now have light and can get the dishes clean on the first washing!  We need to get the wall retextured and painted where Jerry had to cut through the drywall.
Monday I got to go to dinner with Linda and Karen.  We had a nice time and got to eat some yummy unhealthy food at Cafe Jordano.
At work the University has set up a program (it started around the holidays) that donates four hours of time for employees to do volunteer work.  Matt at work set up a day for working at Habitat for Humanity for those that were interested.  So Wednesday that's what I did.  It was fun but also hard work.  We spent a lot of the time hammering nails into the flooring of the second floor.  A nail every four to six inches on the joists adds up to a lot of hammering.  Too bad they didn't have nail guns to use, would have gone a lot faster, and my hand and arm wouldn't have hurt so much :o)  It was also a muddy day, as you can see.

I actually got work done on the quilt this week, two more rows added and hopefully some more today after cleaning.  I started plum blossom mittens, and am almost done with them.  The first mitten has too big of a thumb and the finger part is a bit short.  I already grafted the top closed so since they're for me I'll make it work without undoing all my stitches.  I'm also working on a hat and some mittens with a flip top for my mother-in-law Fran.  The hat is almost done.  I'm hoping to finish the mittens and the hat at least tomorrow at Pajama Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment